Summary: The Applications Engineer is responsible for providing technical and non-technical sales assistance to customers and representatives in their assigned region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Handle incoming calls of a primarily technical nature from the customer and representative, primarily for standard product application assistance. This includes, but is not limited to, commercial items such as commission issues, order status, and expedites.
- Generate standard product quotations for the representative and customer as well as any follow-up associated technical support.
- Be proficient in order entry and review incoming standard product orders for technical accuracy.
- Be familiar with and promote all company products.
- Understand CRM package functionality and utilize to track and close opportunities.
- Follow-up on quotes within assigned region and communicate with market managers to close business.
- Work with other departments as necessary to facilitate exceptional customer service.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job any time. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Applications Engineer must demonstrate the ability to listen to the customer’s needs and recommend a solution based on the information provided. This person will have good oral and written communication skills as well as a positive attitude. He/she will be proficient in the use of a personal computer, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel and have the aptitude to learn other computer applications. Previous knowledge of any CRM package is a plus. The Applications Engineer will be detail oriented and will be capable of multi-tasking, making critical decisions, and working with deadlines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field plus two years related work experience or equivalent.
- Experience in flow measurement or other related products. He/she will demonstrate a strong technical knowledge of the product(s).
- Customer service experience and demonstrate the ability to multi-task in a sales environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and bend or kneel.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Flow Technology is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k)
- 401(k) Employer match
- Health insurance plans
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings account
- Basic life insurance
- Supplemental life insurance
- Vacation & personal time
- Tuition reimbursement