Summary: This person will provide an intermediate level of flow meter assembly and calibration. The position requires a good mechanical aptitude and general skills with small hand tools. The position also requires basic electronic and computer skills for success in this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Mechanical assembly of flow measurement equipment;
- Laser etching flow meters;
- Hydrostatic/hyperbaric pressure testing of flow meters/housings;
- Cleaning flow meters;
- Blending fluids to desired viscosities;
- Calibrating of flow meters using various calibrators by using CalWare;
- Testing of basic electronic equipment;
- Maintaining flow calibration equipment;
- Installing lock wires on flow meters and electronic components;
- Working safely and maintaining the work area using a 5S approach.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job any time. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints and engineering drawings
- Manual dexterity to work with very small parts & components
- Hands on experience using hand and power tools (wrenches, drills, screw drivers, etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, and Outlook
- Good mechanical aptitude, problem solving skills, and mathematics.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A.S. in mechanical/electronic technology (desired)
- Two to four years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and/or sit for prolong periods, bend, reach, move from one workstation to another, communicate with others to exchange work-related information, and will be tasked with operating equipment, machinery, power tools, and/or heavy equipment after training. He/She will perform work involving repetitive motion that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee may be required to lift light items up to 20 lbs. regularly, medium items of 21-50 lbs. often, and heavy items of 51-100 lbs. rarely (i.e. FTI or customer product/containers). The employee is expected to utilize the proper and required safety precautions, including sound judgement when tasked to move or lift heavy objects.
The employee may be required to perform work tasks under magnification using a microscope as well as tasks involving very small parts and components. Specific vision abilities required by this job include near distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All work at FTI is conducted indoors in an environmentally controlled facility.
The employee is physically located in a general manufacturing setting. There will be periodic exposure to moderate to high noise levels, as well as low concentrations of volatile solvents. Safety glasses and steel toed safety shoes are required to be worn at all times. Additional PPE will be provided as required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions and utilize appropriate PPE.
The employee will directly interact with Engineering and Sales personnel and may be required to interact with customers, auditors, and/or suppliers so good verbal communication skills are a requirement.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Flow Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k)
- 401(k) Employer match
- Health insurance plans
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings account
- Basic life insurance
- Supplemental life insurance
- Vacation & personal time
- Tuition reimbursement