Summary: Directs the financial affairs of the organization and prepares financial analyses of Operations, including interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management. Responsible for the company’s financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports. The Controller position involves supervision over general accounting, property accounting, cost accounting, IT, systems analyst, payroll, forecasting and internal controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against forecast, prior periods, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of personnel in the Accounting and IT group. This individual recommends training requirements, has the duty to keep the staff at the highest level of skill necessary to meet company needs and objectives, and may recommend that personnel be hired or removed from the department.
- Maintains the company’s system of accounts and keeps books and records on all company transactions and assets.
- Responsible for managing all areas of working capital including; AIR, Inventory, and Payables.
- Establishes major economic objectives and policies for the company and prepares reports that outline the company’s financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and future operations.
- Maintain SOX compliance.
- Coordinates and directs the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institutes and maintains other planning and control procedures (including the cost accounting system), and analyzes and reports variances.
- Is responsible for compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes.
- Furnishes internal reports, revises and updates reports to be more useful and efficient, and furnishes external reports as necessary. The Controller has the final responsibility for providing the organization and its management with the appropriate financial and operating information necessary. This individual and the accounting staff are expected to work closely with other department groups on problems involving accounting systems and financial planning.
- Other responsibilities include seeing that company policy is carried out or complied with, assisting other departments in forecasting personnel and financial needs, accelerating cash receipts and controlling disbursements, overseeing bank balances, establishing and maintaining credit and collection procedures, controlling profit sharing records, and evaluating and implementing computerized accounting systems.
- Administer the government contracts in accordance with applicable rules and regulations.
SCM SUMMARY: Directs the Supply Chain affairs of the organization including, but not limited to, material procurement and scheduling within the financial constraints of the company, vendor approval and management, inventory management, consignment cage maintained to GAAP standards, and review and maintain processes and results to meet defined ISO standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Parts procurement to support OTD and shipping goals.
- Complete projects that are assigned in support of the Company’s strategic initiatives.
- Oversees the purchasing of services and supplies necessary for operation of the organization including machinery, equipment, tools, and raw materials.
- Reviews proposals for price, delivery time and quality and then selects suppliers.
- Evaluates vendor performance, purchase price variance and recommends/implements changes as required.
- Approves and qualifies vendors and authorizes purchase orders.
- Implement cost reduction programs that are consistent with corporate goals.
- Works with engineering in specifying new purchase products and/or vendors, should be familiar with general manufacturing concepts.
- Material/inventory control. Minimize inventory levels.
- Responsible for procurement of parts/services in time for production requirements.
- Delivery is defined as being available for production which includes inspection and any secondary operations.
- Maintain Company’s HazMat policies and procedures.
- Purchasing for all items required by the organization.
- Vendor management. Monitors the cost, schedule and performance factors of major subcontractors.
- Metric include but not limited to:
- Vendor On-time delivery
- Vendor Rejects
- OTD to customer
- Late to Conversion
- Conversion delays
- Final product quality -With and without customer returns
- OTD to commit date
- Ability to commit to customer request date
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Controller is responsible for evaluating the performance of personnel in the Accounting, IT and Purchasing Departments. Recommends training requirements, has the duty to keep the staff at the highest level of skill necessary to meet the company’s needs and objectives, and may recommend that personnel be hired or removed from the department.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 6-10 years of experience
- MS Office Suite, Siteline and Crystal Reports experience desired
- Strong organizational and analytical skills required
- Manufacturing experience required
- Must be able to work independently, devise new methods, make decisions guided by precedent or based on Company policy
- Must have a high degree of diplomacy, judgment, and the ability to deal with and influence persons in all types of positions.
- Minimum BS/BA in Accounting / Finance
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, fingers, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use a computer for extended periods of time.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Flow Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance