Development Electronics Engineer
Summary: This role is responsible for product design and development, documentation and introduction into manufacturing of electrical products. The individual will be given responsibility for specific product development or customer driven projects. The individual will also be responsible for developing new product ideas and producing documentation that will allow evaluation of the concept. The individual must be self-motivated and capable of project management to insure all aspects of the designs are completed to schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Developing designs for electrical product line.
- Review project/product specifications and is capable of providing initial evaluation of design requests and provide estimates to allow customer proposals to be created.
- Developing a realistic schedule with milestones and driving project to completion with minimal supervision.
- Design, prototype build, prototype testing, product documentation, creation of test and assembly instructions/procedures and insuring project compliance with ISO procedures.
- Directing projects through the use of design teams for the purpose of work distribution and transferring the design knowledge to the Sustaining Engineers for product implementation into manufacturing.
- Maintaining a proficient knowledge in the science of electrical design, especially as it pertains to flow meters and their calibration. This includes knowledge in PCB layout, schematic capture, communication protocols and embedded microcontroller, designing for CE noise immunity and hazardous area approvals. Insure that products conform to the state of the art of flow measurement technology.
- Understanding manufacturing processes and ensure designs conform to established processes.
- Interfacing with other facets of the organization to ensure effective cooperation and optimal productivity.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job any time. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (BSEE) from a four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience, plus five years minimum related instrumentation experience. Experience with Altium Designer, schematic capture and PCB layout. Experience with designing for CE noise immunity and hazardous area approvals (Explosion Proof and Intrinsically Safe). Experience in communication protocols (CANbus, ModBus, TCP/IP). Microcontroller embedded experience preferred (Microchip PIC and/or Atmel AVR).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Flow Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k)
- 401(k) Employer match
- Health insurance plans
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings account
- Basic life insurance
- Supplemental life insurance
- Vacation & personal time
- Tuition reimbursement