Development Mechanical Engineer
Summary: This person is responsible for product design and development, documentation and introduction into manufacturing of mechanical products. This individual will be given responsibility for specific product development or customer driven projects. This individual will also be responsible for developing new product ideas and producing documentation that will allow evaluation of the concept. An ideal candidate is self-motivated and capable of project management to insure all aspects of the designs are completed to schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for development of designs for mechanical product line.
- Review project/product specifications and be capable of providing initial evaluation of design requests and provide estimates to allow customer proposals to be created. Take responsibility for developing a realistic schedule with milestones and driving project to completion with minimal supervision. Is responsible for design, prototype build, prototype testing and product documentation, creation of test and assembly instructions/procedures and insuring project compliance with ISO procedures.
- Directs projects through the use of design teams for the purpose of work distribution and transferring the design knowledge to the Sustaining Engineers for product implementation into manufacturing.
- Maintains a proficient knowledge in the science of mechanical design and fluid mechanics, especially as it pertains to flow meters, pressure sensors, and their calibration. This includes knowledge in material compatibility, bearings, strain gauges, flow metrology, fluid flow, heat transfer, and machine design skills. Insure that products conform to the state of the art of flow measurement technology.
- Proficient mathematical knowledge to allow understanding, and creation of detailed uncertainty analyses.
- Understand applicable approval specifications and be able to design products to meet those specifications. Approval specifications include, but are not limited to: CE/EMI, explosion proof hazardous area, DO160, and MIL STD 810, various levels of shock and vibration.
- Understand manufacturing processes and ensure designs conform to established processes.
- Interface with other facets of the organization to ensure effective cooperation and optimal productivity.
- Must be an excellent communicator with the ability to effectively present information, write reports, analyze data and plan accordingly. Ability to analyze problem situations, develop and implement solutions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must have a hands-on mentality.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job any time. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (BSME) from a four‑year college or university, plus five years instrumentation experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be proficient in Solidworks, CAD/CAM, Finite Element Analysis, and have an excellent command of Microsoft Office suite.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Flow Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k)
- 401(k) Employer match
- Health insurance plans
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings account
- Basic life insurance
- Supplemental life insurance
- Vacation & personal time
- Tuition reimbursement