Embedded Software Development Engineer
Summary: This role is responsible for product design, development, documentation, and introduction into manufacturing of embedded software for electronic instrumentation products. The individual is responsible for internal product development and customer driven projects. The individual is also responsible for developing new product ideas and producing documentation that allows evaluation of the concept. The individual must be self-motivated and able to manage projects to ensure all aspects of the designs are completed to schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop designs for the electronic instrumentation product line and ensure products conform to relevant industry standards.
- Review project/product specifications. Provide initial evaluation of design requests and estimates to allow customer proposals to be created.
- Develop realistic project schedules with milestones. Drive projects to completion with minimal supervision. Direct projects through the use of design teams for the purpose of work distribution.
- Design, prototype, test, and document new products. Ensure product and project documentation is in compliance with ISO procedures.
- Transfer product knowledge to Sustaining Engineers and Production personnel for product implementation into manufacturing.
- Maintain a proficient knowledge in embedded software, especially as it pertains to instrumentation and their calibration. This includes knowledge in communication protocols, microcontrollers and similar (ASIC, DSP, FPGA, etc.), operating systems, industrial networking, and embedded software languages.
- Have a basic understanding of mixed signal hardware and electronic instrumentation.
- Interfacing with other facets of the organization to ensure effective cooperation and optimal productivity.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job any time. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (BSCS/BSEE) from a four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience, plus five years minimum related instrumentation experience. Experience with embedded platforms (e.g. Microchip PIC, TI MSP430, TI PGAxxx, ESP32, and/or Atmel AVR) is required. Experience with communication protocols such as CANbus, ModBus, and TCP/IP is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Flow Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k)
- 401(k) Employer match
- Health insurance plans
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings account
- Basic life insurance
- Supplemental life insurance
- Vacation & personal time
- Tuition reimbursement