Junior Sustaining Mechanical Engineer
Summary: Responsible for the support of existing products already in production as well as assisting in the introduction into manufacturing of new mechanical products. Individual must be self-motivated and capable of prioritizing tasks and managing time to support production needs. The individual must be adept at problem solving and making timely ethical decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide mechanical design support for existing products as well as design modifications as required by the customer base. Provide immediate response to manufacturing stop-the-line issues when problems arise. Update drawings and procedures to address the issue(s) as required.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the documentation system and configuration control. Serve as a resource for others in this area.
- Create new product configurations as required by Sales. Must have a working knowledge of the model numbering schemes for all FTI products.
- Understand manufacturing processes and ensure designs conform to established processes.
- Interface with other facets of the organization to ensure effective cooperation and optimal productivity.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job any time. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Must be an excellent communicator with the ability to effectively present information, write reports, analyze data and plan accordingly. Ability to analyze problem situations, develop and implement solutions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to develop process mapping as appropriate. Must have a hands-on mentality.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience totaling at least five years. Must be proficient in SolidWorks, configuration management, and have an excellent command of Microsoft Office suite.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Flow Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k)
- 401(k) Employer match
- Health insurance plans
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings account
- Basic life insurance
- Supplemental life insurance
- Vacation & personal time
- Tuition reimbursement