Service Applications Engineer
Summary: The Service Applications Engineer is responsible for providing technical and non-technical assistance to customers and representatives for all post-sale inquires as well as calibration services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Handle post-sale incoming calls of a technical nature from the customer and representative, including but not limited to parts inquiries, calibration service quotation requests, troubleshooting inquiries, start-up assistance, service status and service expedites.
- The position requires the regular exercise of discretion and judgment in assessing flow meter installations and troubleshooting. This task draws on years of accumulated metrology knowledge, know-how and experience. The individual must be able to assimilate a various aspects of technical data, analyze and present a solution and recommendation to a diverse customer base and diverse metrology installations/situations.
- Generate calibration service quotations for the customer as well as any follow-up
- Follow all troubleshooting calls to resolution and communicate recurring issues as required.
- Review incoming calibration service and parts orders for technical accuracy.
- Be familiar with all company products.
- Work with other departments as necessary to facilitate exceptional customer service.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job any time. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Service Applications Engineer must demonstrate the ability to listen to the customer’s needs and recommend a technical solution based on the information provided. This person will have good oral and written communication skills as well as a positive attitude. He/she will be proficient in the use of a personal computer, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel and have the aptitude to learn other computer applications. Previous knowledge of any CRM package is a plus. The Service Applications Engineer will be capable of multi-tasking, making critical decisions, and working with deadlines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering field plus two years related work experience or equivalent.
- Experience in flow measurement or other related products. He/she will demonstrate a strong technical knowledge of the product(s).
- Customer service experience and demonstrates the ability to multi-task in a sales or service environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, too ls, or controls. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Flow Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k)
- 401(k) Employer match
- Health insurance plans
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings account
- Basic life insurance
- Supplemental life insurance
- Vacation & personal time
- Tuition reimbursement